Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Daytona 500 and Phoenix!

Well, the second race of the 2014 NASCAR season is  now in the books. Last week was the Super Bowl of NASCAR...the Daytona 500. The race I was looking forward to...and the race that had a four hour rain delay and didn't officially end until ten thirty or so Sunday night. Though it was well worth the wait and the long rain delay to see Dale Earnhardt Jr. break  his win less streak to win his second Daytona 500 in his career. I may be a Jeff Gordon/Jimmie Johnson fan, but Dale is my third favorite driver and I found myself rooting for Dale to win as much as I was Gordon at the end of the race. Even if you aren't a Dale Jr. fan, Dale winning isn't just good for his fans or his family...it is good for the sport of NASCAR in general. Not only that he was deserving of that win. Worked hard for it. And boy was it great to see him so HAPPY afterwards! If I wasn't happy for him winning the race (which I was EXCITED to see him win) I'd be happy to just see him so happy. It was great.

Well today they raced at Phoenix...and Dale backed his win at Daytona with another great race as he finished second behind the race winner Kevin Harvick. Harvick got his twenty-fourth win of his career, but his first win with Stewart-Haas Racing. Harvick made it clear pretty early on in the race that he was going to be the car to beat as he led the most laps and as the back bumper of his car says he was "freaky fast." 

It was a good race today at Phoenix...not a lot to write about, but it was a great race for my Hendrick team. Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished second, Jeff Gordon finished fifth, Jimmie Johnson came home sixth, and after getting his lap back, Kasey Kahne came in eleventh. It was great to see team owner go over and congratulate Kevin Harvick at the end of the race. Though Stewart-Haas does run on Hendrick engines. 

We will be off to Las Vegas for the third race of the season and I am already looking forward to seeing those Hendrick cars back on track.

*NASCAR HMS Fan*

No comments:

Post a Comment